April 29 is Yom Ha’atzmaut!
Join the Miami Beach JCC in celebrating Israel’s 72nd Birthday by traveling through the majestic country.
Rise and shine!
Stretch & Sculpt with Courtney Landesman
Before beginning our adventure join Courtney in her live class.
MBJCC Fitness Facebook Group
Now the tour begins…
A Special Trip to Israel with Ms. Eve
Join Ms. Eve and discover a special way to travel to Israel (that needs no airplane!) Learn about this unique country, visit wonderful places, see the animals at the Kibbutz, try yummy foods at the Shuk, learn Hebrew…, and sing along with Eve and her puppet friends. A special trip for children, to enjoy with the family, with all the magic of Ms. Eve and Torahtron.
Begin in Tel Aviv, the mecca of Israel’s technology, arts, culture, amazing food, fabulous beaches and nightlife.
Tour the Tel Aviv Museum of Art to get a feel of the city.
On to Jerusalem, one of the world’s holiest and oldest cities in the world.
THE DEAD SEA
At the Dead Sea, relax and rejuvenate.
Make your own Detoxifying Mud Mask (safe for most skin types.) If you do not have what you need at home, we have included links to purchase them.
· Combine all of the ingredients in a small non-metal dish and slowly add warm water until the consistency is smooth and spreadable. Depending on the brand and thickness of your yogurt, the amount of water needed may vary.
· Apply to your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Staying Healthy at Home with Kara Burnstine
Now that you have worked up an appetite, join Kara to make a delicious Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa Salad
GoTo Meeting Link
Ingredients you will need to cook along with Kara:
· 1 large red onion (thickly sliced)
· 2 medium zucchini (sliced)
· 2 bell peppers (red/yellow, sliced)
· 2 carrots (peeled, sliced)
· 6 whole garlic cloves (peeled)
· 3 ½ tbsp. Olive Oil
· 1 ounce thyme springs (or 1 tsp dried)
· Sea salt and pepper
· 1 cup quinoa
· 2 cups organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
· 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
· ½ tsp dijon mustard
· ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
If you have leftover vegetables, you can serve them with this delicious and healthy, easy to make hummus:
· 2 cups chickpeas (cooked)
· 1 garlic clove
· 1 tbsp tahini
· 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· ½ tsp turmeric
· ½ tsp sea salt
Add all ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until a creamy consistency forms. Enjoy!
Now the tour continues…
ISRAEL DEFENSE BASE
Time to celebrate!
It’s snack time with Tamar Kolumbus, Miami’s Community Shlicha
Join Tamar to make these traditional Mizrahi Israeli Pickles! Once ready, these pickles last for months in the fridge.
Here is what you will need:
· 2 Bell Peppers (any color)
·1 medium cucumber
· ½ cauliflower
You can also add Fennel, Kohlrabi\Turnips/Garlic, Celery
· White vinegar
- Israeli Basketball Player Deni Avdija is a 6 foot 8 Small forward from Israel and is on his way to becoming a top 10 pick in this year’s NBA draft. Born on a kibbutz in Israel, he has become a star for Maccabi Tel Aviv, one of the best professional basketball teams in Israel and a well-respected team throughout Europe. His mother was a track and field star and basketball player as a youth so he comes from an athletic background. Currently, he is serving in the IDF but has “Exceptional Athlete” Status. Once he is able to resume his career, he will be discharged from service and will get credit for service completed. If he is drafted in the top 10, he will be the highest-drafted Israeli player ever, and the first Israeli player drafted since Omri Caspi who was drafted in 2009. Watch the NBA draft on June 25th, 2020 to see where Deni goes.
- Guess Who? (Hasbro), Play-On-WordZ (Hasbro), Number Rumba (Mattel), Quips (Ravensburger), One Too Many (Waddington’s), and Last Mouse Lost (Foxmind) are among more than 155 different concepts thought up by Tel Aviv-based game designers.