The Galbut Family Miami Beach JCC on the Simkins Family Campus will begin a phased reopening Monday, June 8.
Please know that safety is our top priority, and we have been in constant communication with local and state authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Health Department, and numerous other agencies around the country to establish “best practices” for our re-opening. We have developed important procedures to ensure the well-being of our members, guests and staff. Here is what will be in place:
– Face Coverings/Masks will be required upon entering the MBJCC & in all common areas for members, participants and staff. (Not required if 6 feet apart during exercising, swimming and outdoors.)
– Members, Participants and Staff will be required to sign a new waiver – anyone under 18 must have a parent sign the waiver.
– Members, Participants and Staff will have his/her temperature taken upon arrival, daily. Temperatures of 100.4 degrees and above, and individuals with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to enter (per CDC guidelines).
– Members, Participants and Staff also will fill out a brief health questionnaire upon entering the MBJCC.
– Physical-distancing from others (6 feet) is required while using the facility, playing, and working out.
– Members, Participants and Staff are encouraged to wash their hands often while using the facility and to utilize the many hand sanitizing and sanitizing- wipe stations, located throughout.
– Please note that due to the current phase of health regulations, many areas and program spaces will have limitations of capacity.
– Increased cleaning and sanitization protocols throughout the facility.
– A new on-line reservations system “MyJ” is in place for Group Exercise Classes – to ensure that room capacities are adhered to.
– No towel service will currently be available, we ask that members please bring their own towel for pool and/or fitness.
– Kotzen Aquatics Center will be open with our Swimming Pool adhering to reduced capacities and one swimmer per lane.
– At this time our Club K’Ton Ton (babysitting) will not be offered, and our Children’s Playground will remain closed.
– The Racquetball Court will be closed until further notice.
– Our Adult and Cultural Arts activities will remain Virtual at this time.
– A slight reduction in overall operating hours.
– Summer Camp Klurman activities will take place as scheduled with numerous safety modifications including small groups, hand washing stations, a camp nurse/medic and health checkups/screenings, enhanced sanitization protocol throughout the facility, individually packed Kosher lunch and snack, no field trips or bus rides, enriched on-campus entertainment and specialized activities, & weekly specialty camps.
Your patience and understanding during these times are truly appreciated. Please know that our Miami Beach JCC staff team has taken all steps necessary to open responsibly with the interest of your personal safety at the forefront of our decision making. All state and local government guidelines will be followed. A full detailed list of new MBJCC COVID-19 safety protocols is listed here.
Please keep in mind that information from our state and local agencies changes frequently. When there are updates and new procedures, we will notify our membership immediately.
Finally, as per health department recommendations, if you are part of the vulnerable population or have any underlying health conditions, we recommend that you continue to stay home.
Looking forward to welcoming many of you back to our incredible MBJCC facility,
Paul Frishman, M. Ed.
Chief Executive Officer
Miami Beach JCC
Download and sign waiver before coming to the MBJCC.
The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. It is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire Jewish Community, for strengthening Jewish identity and enriching the quality of Jewish life. The Miami Beach JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue regarding matters affecting Jewish life here, in Israel, and throughout the world. It initiates diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs within a Jewish setting that are open to and serve the entire Miami Beach community.