In accordance with Miami-Dade County Mayor Gimenez’s update to his Emergency Order to allow Fitness Centers to remain open with certain restrictions, our Fitness Center will remain open. The provision, however, now requires masks must be worn during all indoor activities. Therefore, the Fitness Center will remain open and available to members with masks on at all times.
Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice: Indoor Group Fitness Classes (Cycling, Pilates & Dance Studio), & Gymnasium–Member Drop-In Basketball Play.
Currently Remaining Open: Fitness Center, Racquetball Court, Camp Klurman Summer Camp Program, the Kotzen Aquatics Center, and Outdoor Group Fitness Classes (with physical distancing).
Out of an abundance of safety, the updated Virtual and Outdoor plan for Group Fitness Classes will remain as planned through the “MyJ” app. The schedule is listed below, as well as available on the “MyJ” app. The Updated County Order allows for Outdoor Fitness (strenuous activity) with a physical distance 10 feet apart without masks.
Additionally, in accordance with the Miami-Dade County issued curfew, beginning Wednesday morning, July 8, the MBJCC will open at 6am (as opposed to 5:30am) Monday through Friday.
Stay safe & thank you for your continued support of our Miami Beach JCC,
Paul Frishman, M. Ed.
Chief Executive Officer
Miami Beach JCC
Please know that safety is our top priority, and we have been in constant communication with local and state authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Health Department, and numerous other agencies around the country to establish “best practices” for our re-opening. We have developed important procedures to ensure the well-being of our members, guests and staff. Here is what will be in place:
– Face Coverings/Masks will be required upon entering the MBJCC & in all common areas for members, participants and staff. (Not required if 6 feet apart during exercising, swimming and outdoors.)
– Members, Participants and Staff will be required to sign a new waiver – anyone under 18 must have a parent sign the waiver. Download waiver.
– Members, Participants and Staff will have his/her temperature taken upon arrival, daily. Temperatures of 100.4 degrees and above, and individuals with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to enter (per CDC guidelines).
-Members, Participants and Staff to fill-out a brief health questionnaire every time they enter the MBJCC. To make this process more efficient, we’re launching a tool called LiveSafe. You can download the app and create a profile in just a few minutes from your phone or mobile device on Google Play or the App Store. Once you’ve created a profile, please select the Daily Health Check questionnaire each time you visit the MBJCC. If you receive the red screen, please stay at home, consult with your healthcare provider, and send us notification. If you receive the green screen, please leave this app open on your cell phone and be prepared to share this screen and have your temperature checked at the screening checkpoint.
– Physical-distancing from others (6 feet) is required while using the facility, playing, and working out.
– Members, Participants and Staff are encouraged to wash their hands often while using the facility and to utilize the many hand sanitizing and sanitizing- wipe stations, located throughout.
– Please note that due to the current phase of health regulations, many areas and program spaces will have limitations of capacity.
– Increased cleaning and sanitization protocols throughout the facility.
– A new on-line reservations system “MyJ” is in place for Group Exercise Classes – to ensure that room capacities are adhered to.
– No towel service will currently be available, we ask that members please bring their own towel for pool and/or fitness.
– Kotzen Aquatics Center will be open with our Swimming Pool adhering to reduced capacities and one swimmer per lane.
– At this time our Club K’Ton Ton (babysitting) will not be offered, and our Children’s Playground will remain closed.
– Our Adult and Cultural Arts activities will remain Virtual at this time.
– A slight reduction in overall operating hours.
– Summer Camp Klurman activities will take place as scheduled with numerous safety modifications including small groups, hand washing stations, a camp nurse/medic and health checkups/screenings, enhanced sanitization protocol throughout the facility, individually packed Kosher lunch and snack, no field trips or bus rides, enriched on-campus entertainment and specialized activities, & weekly specialty camps.
Your patience and understanding during these times are truly appreciated. Please know that our Miami Beach JCC staff team has taken all steps necessary to open responsibly with the interest of your personal safety at the forefront of our decision making. All state and local government guidelines will be followed. A full detailed list of new MBJCC COVID-19 safety protocols is listed here.
Please keep in mind that information from our state and local agencies changes frequently. When there are updates and new procedures, we will notify our membership immediately.
Finally, as per health department recommendations, if you are part of the vulnerable population or have any underlying health conditions, we recommend that you continue to stay home.
Looking forward to welcoming many of you back to our incredible MBJCC facility,
Paul Frishman, M. Ed.
Chief Executive Officer
Miami Beach JCC
Download and sign waiver before coming to the MBJCC.
The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. It is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire Jewish Community, for strengthening Jewish identity and enriching the quality of Jewish life. The Miami Beach JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue regarding matters affecting Jewish life here, in Israel, and throughout the world. It initiates diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs within a Jewish setting that are open to and serve the entire Miami Beach community.