SPECIAL CAMP-WIDE EVENTS:
Color War: Color War is meant to be the highlight of the summer. It is a FUN competition designed for all campers to shine while building their sportsmanship skills.
Water Carnival: Cool off from the summer heat! Water slides and water activities are enjoyed by all for a day of fun!
Parent Shabbat: Shabbat is celebrated weekly at camp, throughout the summer we have a few Fridays where parents are invited to join and experience the joy of a Camp Klurman Shabbat with their camper.
Israel Day: Every summer we experience Israel in our Camp Klurman way! With the help of Schlichim (counselors from Israel), we learn all about Israel.
Judaic programs are an integral part of camp. Campers will have activities (Chavayah) with a Judaic specialist and Israeli cultural specialists (Shlichim from Israel). Jewish values guide each weekly theme, as well as various activities at camp including, Boker Tov – morning dances and games, weekly Shabbat celebrations, Israel day and more.
Each week we celebrate Shabbat as a camp community. Shabbat is a time where we all come together to prepare for the day of rest with special prayers, songs, and programs. Shabbat is also an opportunity to acknowledge campers and staff, showcase new skills and socialize with one another. Throughout the summer, the camp will open a few Shabbat celebrations to parents.
GENERAL CAMP UNITS:
Chalutzim (3’s and 4’s)
(must be potty trained)
• Excellent staff-to-camper ratio
• Certified teachers with every group
• A great place to make new friends
• Structured and age-appropriate activities
• Daily instructional swim
• In-house entertainment, bounce houses, water play
• Weekly fun-filled Shabbat and Israeli cultural activities
• Air-conditioned rooms which serve as their home base; where they eat snack, change and re-apply sunscreen
Chaverim (entering Kindergarten)
There are 3 groups to pick from:
Traditional Group: In-house entertainment once per week
Travel Group: Local field trips once per week Jr.
Sports Camp Group: Introduction to Sports Camp & local field trips once per week
• Fun-filled and exciting sports, music, drama and tennis programs
• Daily instructional swim
• Interactive daily and weekly themes to fuel your child’s imagination
• ‘Hands-on’ nature program with lots of live animals
• Chaverim/Tzofim Buddies Program, building community through fun activities with our oldest campers
Yedidim (entering 1st – 2nd grade)
• Water activities on the Indian Creek Waterway, supervised by Swim Gym
• A wide variety of activities to help children discover new skills and interests
•Weekly unit league competitions to promote camaraderie and sportsmanship
• Israeli cultural activities and weekly Shabbat celebrations
• Weekly tennis with instruction from tennis pros
• Water carnivals, bounce houses, talent shows and more
Achim (entering 3rd and 4th grade)
• Full day trips to Venetian Pool, Actors Playhouse, Ice Skating, a Marlins Game and many others
• Throughout the summer Achim campers will have special “community service” projects/trips dedicated to the Jewish value, Tikkun Olam (repairing the world).
• Bi-weekly water sport activities on Indian Creek Waterway, supervised by Swim Gym
• Weekly robotics and stem programming led by trained professionals
• Weekly sports competitions
Tozfim Travel (entering 5th -6th grade and 7th through 8th grade)
• Tzofim Campers explore local South Florida attractions three times per week and enjoy stimulating traditional camp activities twice a week.
• Bi-weekly water sport activities (kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddle) on the Indian Creek Waterway
• Throughout the summer Tzofim campers will visit specialized facilities to learn with professional coaches and instructors
• Field trips and specialized training facilities include: FAU Ropes Course, Arcades and Game Centers, Golf, Ice Skating, Rock Wall Climbing, Sailing, 3D printing and others
• An extended day trip to Rapids Water Park
• An overnight trip