Please know that safety is our top priority, and we have been in constant communication with local and state authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Health Department, and numerous other agencies around the country to establish “best practices” for our re-opening. We have developed important procedures to ensure the well-being of our members, guests and staff. Here is what will be in place:
– Face Coverings/Masks will be required upon entering the MBJCC & in all common areas for members, participants and staff. (Not required if 6 feet apart during exercising, swimming and outdoors.)
– Members, Participants and Staff will be required to sign a new waiver – anyone under 18 must have a parent sign the waiver. Download waiver.
– Members, Participants and Staff will have his/her temperature taken upon arrival, daily. Temperatures of 100.4 degrees and above, and individuals with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to enter (per CDC guidelines).
-Members, Participants and Staff to fill-out a brief health questionnaire every time they enter the MBJCC. To make this process more efficient, we’re launching a tool called LiveSafe. You can download the app and create a profile in just a few minutes from your phone or mobile device on Google Play or the App Store. Once you’ve created a profile, please select the Daily Health Check questionnaire each time you visit the MBJCC. If you receive the red screen, please stay at home, consult with your healthcare provider, and send us notification. If you receive the green screen, please leave this app open on your cell phone and be prepared to share this screen and have your temperature checked at the screening checkpoint.
– Physical-distancing from others (6 feet) is required while using the facility, playing, and working out.
– Members, Participants, and Staff are encouraged to wash their hands often while using the facility and to utilize the many hand sanitizing and sanitizing- wipe stations, located throughout.
– Please note that due to the current phase of health regulations, many areas and program spaces will have limitations of capacity.
– Increased cleaning and sanitization protocols throughout the facility.
– A new on-line reservations system “MyJ” is in place for Group Exercise Classes – to ensure that room capacities are adhered to.
– No towel service will currently be available, we ask that members please bring their own towel for pool and/or fitness.
– Kotzen Aquatics Center will be open with our Swimming Pool adhering to reduced capacities and one swimmer per lane.
– At this time our Club K’Ton Ton (babysitting) will not be offered, and our Children’s Playground will remain closed.
– Our Adult and Cultural Arts activities will remain Virtual at this time.
– A slight reduction in overall operating hours.
– Youth activities will take place as scheduled with numerous safety modifications including small groups, hand washing stations, a camp nurse/medic and health checkups/screenings, enhanced sanitization protocol throughout the facility, individually packed Kosher lunch and snack, no field trips or bus rides, enriched on-campus entertainment and specialized activities, & weekly specialty camps.
Your patience and understanding during these times are truly appreciated. Please know that our Miami Beach JCC staff team has taken all steps necessary to open responsibly with the interest of your personal safety at the forefront of our decision making. All state and local government guidelines will be followed. A full detailed list of new MBJCC COVID-19 safety protocols is listed here.
Please keep in mind that information from our state and local agencies changes frequently. When there are updates and new procedures, we will notify our membership immediately.
Finally, as per health department recommendations, if you are part of the vulnerable population or have any underlying health conditions, we recommend that you continue to stay home.
Looking forward to welcoming many of you back to our incredible MBJCC facility,
Paul Frishman, M. Ed.
Chief Executive Officer
Miami Beach JCC