With the further developments tonight regarding the Coronavirus and out of an abundance of caution, the Miami Beach JCC has made a decision to postpone tomorrow night’s Concert for a Cause. It will be rescheduled at a later date – and we look forward to honoring Loren & David Kaiserman, along with Jay Abramowitz & Erica Groussman.
Needless to say, we are making this postponement in the best interest and safety of all involved. The updated advice that we received this evening was that it was best not to host large community gatherings at this time. Please note that all other regular Miami Beach JCC activities will continue as usual.
Please also know that the Miami Beach JCC continues to be committed to the safety, health, and well-being of our staff, members, and participants. We want to assure you that we here at the JCC remain vigilant in the maintenance and cleaning of our facility. Each day our maintenance staff takes special care in preparing for daily programs by thoroughly cleaning all surfaces with approved disinfectants and cleaners. We also have added new anti-bacterial dispensing stations. Additionally, we are asking that our staff, members, and guests continue to follow standard sanitizing and health protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19, flu and other viruses.
The following are CDC’s guidelines to prevent transmissions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Additionally, please use the sanitizing wipes provided in our fitness center areas after usage.
We can’t stress enough the importance of the collaboration of our entire MBJCC community to work together to ensure that the JCC remains a safe and healthy place for all. We will continue to closely follow all of the information provided by the authorities and will communicate to our membership any updates.
Paul Frishman, M. Ed